Thursday, October 25, 2012

FIRST HOMESTUDY VISIT!!

So, like probably every mother who has had a homestudy,  I have spent the past 2 weeks stressing and finding little things around the house that should be cleaned or organized BEFORE our social worker comes over.   Well, today was the "Big Day".  Our social worker showed up pretty much exactly when I had anticipated and I was sooo nervous.  I was nervous for nothing though, as she was completely wonderful.  She was friendly, polite, laid back, and easy to talk to.  One of the very first things she wanted to see was the video of our little guy (which, of course, I was THRILLED to show her).  

She gave us some terrific things to think about and plan on as well as homework.  It has been a long time since I've had homework.  I have a 2 to 3 page autobiography due as soon as possible :)  For someone who likes to talk and always worries about expressing things perfectly, it might be difficult for me to keep it to only 3 pages.  How do you write everything important about your life and your family in 3 short pages?  Write REALLY small???  


Well, anyway,  I am completely excited and relieved.  So my goals for the upcoming week:


FBI Clearances for Dossier
MAILED IN

Get kids immunizations

NEED LENORA'S RECORD FROM ND

Write autobiography DONE

Physical form filled out for Dossier

Todd Passport  DONE

Physical forms filled out for homestudy for everyone  
ELLIANA AND LOUIS DONE.

Apply for FSP through Reece's Rainbow???
DONE

Call Children's Hospital to have International Adoption Doctor review L's file
WAITING FOR CALL BACK 

Start building a support team for L once he is home!  Physical therapists, pediatrician, other therapists if needed....

No comments:

Post a Comment