Thursday, January 10, 2013

PRAYER - Lots of Prayer

Please "Like" us on FACEBOOK.... It only takes a second! http://www.facebook.com/onemorelightofmine

Did you know the Bible is living?  I grew up in church and just always believed in Jesus.  I knew all of the stories about Noah and Moses and....So after almost 30 years this shouldn't be a surprise to me.  Of course, I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't know nearly as much as I should about the Bible as I should after 30 years either.

When we embarked on our path to bring Lance home I was reading in Matthew 18 and it completely jumped out at me in regards to our adoption :

Matthew 18:3-5
2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.


Oh my goodness!  I am welcoming Jesus by adopting Lance.  Praise the Lord that He has given me a desire to follow and obey what He has also called me to!

So fast forward about 3 months and I will also confess that sometimes the $10's of thousands of dollars required for adoption is overwhelming and I find myself grasping at wind occasionally.  At midnight I'm thinking of what I could make or sew or if I should be printing off more grant applications or or or...
It's not that I don't KNOW better. I do.  I know that God has called our family to this and that because it is His will that He will provide the means. I don't know how those means will present, but I do know that what God has called us to He is faithful to provide, BUUUT I still falter and get discouraged.

Then I read Matthew 18 again and I remembered that a portion of scripture that was so alive and vivid for one reason a few months ago is equally alive and vivid for this reason today:


Matthew 18: 1-5
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

I am supposed to have the faith as that of a child. "Unless you change and become like little children."
My 7 year old daughter brought in a little feather the other day and told me it was a winter fairy's wing.  I think she knows it's not, but if I were to tell her that it probably really was she would likely believe me whole heartedly.  Why?  Because she trusts me completely.  This is what my Heavenly Father wants from me.  To trust Him completely.

So, a recent conversation I had with a fellow adopting mom brought about another great reminder that I cannot borrow tomorrow's troubles (The Bible tells me not to!) so when I begin to feel that doubt or anxiety well up within me I will cry out to Him with prayer and supplication and make my requests known. I will not seek out "what if's" and wonder idly about the possible hindrances to bringing Lance home.  I WILL seek God and ask Him daily to renew a steadfast spirit within me and to help me show forth the fruits of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you for reading and please feel free to comment.  I love hearing from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment